Last updated: 25th August 2018
Randit Ltd ("us", "we", or "our") operates the SnowFit mobile application (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
1 - Log Data
We ask your permission during setup of the mobile app whether we can collect small amounts of analytical data in order to monitor and improve the service we provide. The information we collect is only used within and for the HeartBeat mobile app. What we collect with your permission:
- Crash Reports - We collect reports relating crash events experienced by users. This helps us track bugs within the mobile app that have been missed during development or which develop running on different devices.
- App Events - We track app events such as page opened, purchse made and purchase failed. This information gives us insights into what areas of the app are popular with users allowing us to focus development on specific areas. It also allows us to understand areas of the app that aren't being used which could be down to poor user UI.
- App Engagement - We track how you engage with the app. This can include such things as time in app, average session and frequency of app launch to gauge how often people use the app and when is likely the best time to send progress updates etc through the use of notifications.
- User demographics - This includes such information as age range, gender, interests, geo-graphical location (to city level). We only see this information when our analytics provider has enough information so that it isn't identifiable to a single user. This information gives us an insight into our audience allowing us to tailor content and app features in the right direction.
- Device Data - This includes such information as the device identifier (UUID), IP address, device type and device operating system. We use the device identifier to track app activity such as time in app, number of unique users and to calculate user retention rates.
We use third party analytical software to break down the data into more manageable segments, the two we use specifically are Google through their Firebase and Fabric products alongside Facebook analytics. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
We keep log data for a maximum of 180 days before it is automatically deleted.
At no point is data that is accessed through Apple HealthKit exported outside of the HeartBeat application and we can only access the data you give us permission to during setup of the SnowFit mobile app. You can change these permissions at any point through the Health settings on your mobile.
2 - Cookies
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
3 - Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
4 - Security
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As such we make no warranties as to the level of security afforded to your data, except that we will always act in accordance with the relevant UK and EU legislation.
5 - International Transfer
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United Kingdom and process it there.
In the event that a dispute arises with regards to the international transfer of data, you agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the matter.
6 - Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
8 - Jurisdiction
This Policy shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.